CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

An Update to My News

I finally heard from the Huntsman Center, I have an appointment next Friday. This first appointment is to meet with a surgeon that specializes in cancer. I sort of panicked when I heard this was where I was going, but I have since calmed down. They reassured me that there are plenty of people that come in with benign tumors. I have also realized that if this is cancer that we are dealing with, then what better place is there to go? I guess I will go to the experts on cancer and put my trust in them. If you know me well, you know that I am not a real emotional person, well, this has brought every emotion to the surface. The other day I couldn't quit laughing about this. It didn't feel like we were talking about my body. I felt like I was talking about someone else, and I just felt bad for this person we were talking about. Yesterday, my emotions turned to tears. I couldn't help but think of the things that lay ahead of me. I hate to be away from my kids even for a minute and the thought of having to leave them with family and friends while I go to doctors appointments about kills me. My tears would not stop. Today, I feel ready to take it all on. I have a strong body and a really high tolerance to pain. I know I can do anything. A lot of people do this everyday, and I can too!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

You are in my prayers, I hope everything goes well.

Anna said...

you CAN do this. You are an amazing person, who is very strong. you have an amazing husband who can help and support and you have amazing kids that can handle this. You can do this. :)

Deborah said...

Liza you are amazing!! We love you and we are praying for you!

Kellie Glade said...

Liza, When I read your post I just pictured you telling me the story in person...like you were telling it of someone else like you said. You will get through this as you are a very strong willed and positive person.
Love ya!

The Larsen's said...

Oh Liza!
I hate it when crappy things happen to people! Hang in there... know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Tell Kamden "hi" for Hunter!

Kallie said...

You are strong, and no matter what it is you will get through it. We are lucky to have such strong support surrounding us. I really will watch your kids next Thursday if you need me to.

Jamie said...

Hey we are thinking of you down here and wish there was more we could do to support you. Let me know I really can fly up and help you out next weekend.

M Davis said...

Hey Liza,
Keep your chin up, if anyone can do this, you can (even if you don't feel like it) Good luck and let Camden and Cori and Wyatt come play. You need to let us all help out. We'll keep you in our prayers.

suds2004 said...

I have been thinking about you. You are so brave, hang in there. You are in my prayers.

Britney said...

See! You're totally not going through this alone...just look at all this support! You've probably got family that you'd rather watch your kids, but I'm available too and would love to have them! I could get Kam on the bus or whatever! You're awesome and so strong!

Amy said...

Liza,

You are such an example to me. I am an emotional person and I don't feel very strong. I get my strength from you! I'm planning on helping with the kids on Thursday. Mom and I have a plan. We'll talk to you about it on Sunday. I think about you nearly every minute of the day. I love you ALL........AMY

BrockandBonnieRiley said...

Liza,
You are such an admirable, strong person. Know that we are praying for you and hoping that everything will turn out ok. Please call if you need anything. We love you!