I am sitting here on the computer waiting for the Huntsman Cancer Institute to return my phone call. It has been almost two weeks since I went to the doctor because I found a large lump in my stomach. At that doctors appointment, the doctor rushed me in to get an ultrasound, and then three days later I was having a CT scan. The day after the CT scan, we thought we heard good news. The doctor thought the lump was a hematoma. An easy fix, we thought. Well, this past Monday I was sent to get an MRI at the hospital just to get a better look. Yesterday morning, first thing, the doctor called me and said I have some kind of tumor. He was very straight forward and let me know that this tumor could be benign, but it also could be cancer. So, I guess I feel like we are back to where we started. We still don't know a whole lot. I am super frustrated just waiting, but regardless I am headed to the University of Utah sometime this week or next. Tad and I are just hoping and praying that this tumor is not cancerous and that we can get it taken care of and back to our normal life.
9 comments:
We've been praying for you that you might get some answers soon. I bet it is so hard just waiting and wondering. Let me know if I can help by watching your kids or anything. Ashtyn loves playing with Wyatt, so call us if you need us.
Oh wow, what a scary situation to be in. I think the unknown is the worst. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Arggghhh that is soooo frustrating, the waiting and wondering has got to be the worst. I sure wish we lived there so that we could go shopping to fill the time and calm the worries. I also would help you with the kids. We just need to sell this stupid house of ours and get back home. I know all will YOu should do something sooo fun this weekend, like go to Lagoon or Cherry Hill or something to take your mind off things.
Thinkin' of you
Liza, You will be in our prayers. Please let me know if you need anything at all. It was so good to talk to you when we went to visit Em at the hospital. I hope you receive good news...keep us posted.
Love ya,
Kellie
I've been thinking about you all day. I'll call soon. I know its so hard and crazy to wait. Good luck. You are in our prayers
Wow, hope it all works out for the best. We will be praying for you as well.
Oh, Liza please know you are in our thoughts and prayers! I hope everything turns out OK!
I CANNOT stop thinking about you! I hope you don't think I'm nosy what with all my questions! I really want to help out with the kids or bring dinner, or hang out to pass the time, or whatever you need! Just want you to know that we love you, we're thinking of you and will keep you in our prayers!
Kevin just forwarded me an email from Tad. You are in our prayers. Your kids are so cute and growing up so fast! It is hard being so far away now. Best of luck.
Love, The Idaho Lloyds
Post a Comment