Since I started posting about my medical issues I will keep everyone updated. This keeps me from having to repeat myself. I met with the surgeon yesterday. I am scheduled for surgery on Monday. The doctors did not want to do a biopsy of the tumor. They said it needs to come out anyway, so we're headed to the OR. The tumor is located in the lowest muscle in my abdomen. Because of this, they have to go in and take the entire muscle out and then do reconstructive so my guts aren't falling out. So I will then have a man made muscle in my stomach. The good news in all of this is that only about ten percent of these types of tumors are cancerous. Tad and I feel like the odds are in our favor. I will have to stay at the hospital at least one night and maybe two. The hardest part is going to be not lifting anything over ten pounds for at least four to six weeks. Wyatt has got to weigh 25 pounds. Good thing I have such a great husband, family, and friends. Thanks for everyones prayers, phone calls, and willingness to help. We couldn't do this without all your help.
12 comments:
thanks for the update. I'm ready and willing. Let me know what you need from me. I think that is good news. It'll be nice to get it over with. That's really crappy about the not lifting part though, sorry. :(
Love you. You know I'm here for ya.
Good luck tomorrow...I will be praying for you!
Liza I hope that everything goes well. I know it is always scary with things that are unknown. You are awesome. Thanks for keeping us posted. You are in our prayers.
You are in our thoughts and prayers today. Stay strong. You definitely have a fabulous support system behind you and I think that's half the battle.
We are thinking about you today and you are in our prayers. If there is anything I can do I would be glad to help.....I will talk to your mom to see how things are going. Good Luck!
We love you Liza. Good luck today and we hope you have a speedy recovery. Let me know when you want me to come over and watch Mamma Mia with you!
I have been thinking about you today also, please let me know when I can help with your kids. I know not lifting over 10 lbs is kind of hard when you have 3 little kids at home. But I would love to come over and help or just take the kids for you.
Hey Liza it was good to talk to you at Britney's she is awesome to have as a neighbor I am pretty jealous she lives nexto you. lol Seriously though I hope all goes well with your surgery and then recovery, you and your family are in our prayers. Oh and I have been blog stalking you hope you don't mind.
Hoping all went well yesterday. Keep thinking positive--you can do ANYTHING!
I hope all is well, we are thinking about you. Can't wait to get an update.
Sounds like things went pretty good yesterday. So good to hear that! We'll just coordinate with your mom about watching the kids, it'll be so fun to help with them!Get better quick!
Post a Comment