
Oh what a day! Just look at what Cori has done! It has taken us four years to grow her hair out just as long as it was. Cori always talks about her cousin Isabelle and how she wants her hair to look like Isabelles. If you know Isabelle, Cori doesn't stand a chance, let alone with her cutting her own hair!

My poor baby! I walked out of my room and saw Cori with scissors in hand and hair was strung throughout the family room. I raised my voice to her quite a bit, and sent her to her room and told her to sit on her bed and not to get off any time soon. Thirty seconds later, she was behind me, saying, "But mom, I love you." My heart broke and I realized, this is just hair and it will grow back. But, that still didn't stop my tears. There are parts of her head that are cut down to the scalp. Good thing I have a good friend that helped us make my baby girl look beautiful again. On the drive home from the salon Cori looked on the mirror at herself and said, "I look so pretty, I look just like you mom."
20 comments:
oh, sweet cori. Oh poor liza. Oh, I can't believe she did that!!! I'm so sorry. She does look so pretty. And it is so cute that she said she looks like you. But oh, how heart wrenching. :) I'm sure you'll laugh one day, but maybe not for a long time. :)
Oh Liza, a mom's worst nightmare. I know how long it has taken you to grow it to that length. My mom called to tell me about it. My girls have never did cut their hair. But if it makes you feel better Dax cut a little girls hair about a month ago.
Cori looks cute no matter what, and she is right it looks more like your hair cut now!
Holy Moly! I am in shock. You are right, though, it is just hair. And she is such a pretty little thing, I think that she looks cute with her short hair! Sigh. If I lived closer, I would bring you some chocolate.
I think she looks just as adorable as ever. I love you Cori and your new haircut. Liza, shoot I hate to tell you this but it could happen again. Riley has done it 3 times...you would think they would learn.
Oh no, Liza! I'm so sorry for your tears, but she does look really darling! This is so what I have to look forward to with Maycie!
You were a trooper last night at the salon! I know it was hard for you to cut her hair so short, I felt so bad. Luckily she is adorable eiher way. :)
Oh my gosh, that is hilarious!! Cori is such a cute little girl - long hair or short.
Coming from a family of all girls, I remember that happening a lot... Good thing you weren't taking a nap or else you might have had a new hair cut too!
Liza
Your mom told me about this I'm so sorry. I promise you will laugh someday. Heidi did that when she was about the same age. Everyone thouht she was a boy, so I took her and got her ears pierced. She looked very cute and her hair got alot thicker. I think Cory looks very cute and you will get use to it and love it. Kenedy loved playing with Cory the other day. We should all get together and let them play.
Okay i agree a mother's worst nightmare but it happens more than you think. It never makes it any easier to hear others stories but i can assure you, you will laugh one day but I feel you r tears Kori and my niece who are the same age did that about that same age and it was devastating but it is just hair. She does look very cute, maybe short is the look for her.
I can't stop laughing......sorry to sound insensitive! But, this is so like Cori!
The glob of hair on the counter looks reddish! I just looked at it again and.....Yep, I'm laughing!
I can't wait to show this to Miranda and Bryson. :)
Miranda thinks it is funny too. We're glad it will grow back! Maybe it will come in thicker!
Hey, maybe deep down she just wanted to look like you! I think she is precious either way. I remember lots of people cutting hair at our house growing up. Tears, tears, tears. Someday...you will laugh.
Ok, I found you, and I just have to say you will be getting an invite to our family blog, and you will see an identical post about 4 down. I am so sorry YOU had to go through this too. I'm sure you were a lot calmer than I was...but my little girl cut her hair, and her cousins! AHHHHH! Maybe they really are meant to be little friends, as long as there are no scissors anywhere near!
UMMM, I guess I need you email. will you send it to me? riamba@msn.com
She still looks like a doll! Hang in there!
Thanks so much for entering to win one of my Temple prints. Best of Luck to you!!
Emilie
www.photobyemilie.com
She is adorable with short or long hair! Being a mom is always full of surprises!
She does look just like her mommy. Beautiful! Its bound to happen...I'm just waiting for Raegan to test it out...and she already has a bob haircut.
That is so cute and so sad all at the same time!!! She is a doll though! Short hair and all!!
Post a Comment